Sunday, August 10, 2014

FFF - 8/8 - Happy Hour


She held her breath when he walked through the door, just as she always did.  He usually carried himself with such poise.  Such self control.  Not today.  The moment he looked at her she saw a weariness that she wasn't accustomed to in his dark eyes.  He was still stunning, still so damn hot, but off somehow.  She didn't think it was anything anyone else would notice.  It had become her obsession to study him whenever he came into the bar.

He walked up and ordered his lunchtime whiskey sour.  She got him his drink, and laced her usually bright smile with compassion.  She wanted him to know she knew he was having a bad day.  His usual one drink became two, and then three.  Weary became haggard, desolate.  She wanted desperately to make it better.

The other patrons filtered out of the bar.  They'd be a ghost town until happy hour.  This was when she'd usually take her lunch, but she couldn't leave him like that.  He'd loosened his tie and unbuttoned the top couple buttons of his shirt, rumpling his usually immaculate appearance.  She found his sudden humanity even more attractive.  She brought him another drink, and he finally looked at her.  Her breath caught in her throat.  A year and this was the first time he'd really looked at her.

He laid his arms on the bar and narrowed his eyes.

"I just want someone to make me feel," he said.  "I don't care what.  I just want to feel."

He closed his eyes on a sudden flash of pain.  She caught her boss's eye to signal her break, walked around the bar, and grabbed his hand.  He half-stumbled after her, confused and hazy as she guided him by the hand down the hall, and out the back door.  Within moments, he was pressed to the wall and his slacks were undone and sliding down his thighs.  She flashed a wicked grin.

"I'll make you feel," she said, sliding down to take her place before him.

His eyes flared wide.

"But we just met," he said.

She smiled up at him, leaning in.

"Technically," she said, relishing the touch of his hand on her cheek, "we haven't even met yet."

-----------------------

Our instructions this week:


Key Phrase: “But we just met”
Word Limit: 300
Forbidden Words: Alley, Knees, Whore
Bonus Words:  Make it in the daytime
Extra Credit:  Tell us the dirtiest place you’ve ever had sex

--------------------------------

So, I went over on the word count, but I'll claim bonus points for daytime.  And I didn't link, because I'm so late.  I still wanted to write, though, so here I am.

As for the dirtiest place I've had sex, um, it was both disgusting and embarrassing.  It was an outhouse.  Dirty as in naughty, perhaps the happiest place on Earth?  

3 comments:

  1. Great post ... but I don't think you linked to Advizor's page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added the link thanks to Bawdy Bloke's "heads-up" and I'm glad I did. This is a very touching story, we all have our down days and this would be quite the andidote. Never hesitate to add yorur link to the list, we (I) are always glad to have you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for the comments. Advizor, I'll be sure to remember that for the future. Better late than never. Thank you.

      Delete